Wednesday, May 20, 2015
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Schroeder Hall, Green Music Center
Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park
Featuring a talk & book signing by New York Cartoonist & Best Selling Author Roz Chast
Plus an afternoon workshop on intergenerational learning and healthy aging.
For information:Aging Together Sonoma
Registration is now closed.
A limited number of tickets may be available at the door.
9:00-9:30 Welcome to a Community Celebration!
• Enjoy refreshments, connect with others, & visit information tables
9:45-10:20 Introducing the Aging Together Initiative
• Welcome, Overview and Purpose of the Day – Sonoma County Department of Human Services Director, Jerry Dunn and Sonoma State University’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Director, Carin Jacobs
• Importance of the Initiative in Sonoma County - Supervisor Shirlee Zane
• Call to Action Presentation
10:30-11:45 Key Note Speaker – Cartoonist Ms. Roz Chast
11:45-12:00 Morning Reflections and Collective Actions - Sonoma County Human Services Department Assistant Director, Oscar Chavez
12:00-12:45 Lunch and Book Signing
12:45-1:45 Afternoon Sessions
• Intergenerational Video Storytelling Workshop with Listening for a Change
• Aging with Vitality Panel with the Collaborative on Positive Aging
• Healthy Aging Panel with the Million Hearts Initiative
Scholarships are available - Please call 565-5950
If you need translation services, please let us know under special accommodations.